- 1 cup of Sprouted Brown Rice (I have instructions on how to sprout rice)
- 2 to 4 cups of Veggie Broth (I like to make my own but its fine if you use store bought)
- 1lb of shiitake mushrooms, taking care of removing the stem and slicing the caps in strips
- 3/4 cup of arame seaweed (I prefer Edens brand)
- 4 cloves of fresh chopped garlic
- 1 cup of fresh peas (if you cannot find fresh frozen is fine)
- 3 tablespoons of capers
- 2 scallions
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Sautee garlic, capers, brown rice, and mushrooms with a little red palm oil until you can smell the flavors come out of the ingredients.
- Add the arame seaweed and the veggie stock a little at a time. Continue adding the stock a ladle at a time, waiting until the liquid is absorbed before adding more. Cook until the rice is tender and creamy and yet still a little al dente, about 15 to 25 min.
- If you are using frozen peas, add them during the last 10 minutes of cooking. If you are using fresh peas, sauté them at the beginning with the garlic, capers, brown rice and mushrooms.
- Then add the spices: turmeric, curry and sea salt
- Garnish with the scallions. Eat and ENJOY!